Next to the design and testing of a new PCB application, the most important aspect of the PCB project is the link between the Design Engineer and the Assembly Floor. The cost of bringing a new PCB design to fruition can be HUGE! Why would anyone risk the time and expense without engaging professional procurement and kitting staff?
California Integration Coordinators, Inc. is the link that brings success to the PCB Project. (More information available at https://cic-inc.com/html/management.html )
The professional Project Coordinators:
• double check the BOM for part descriptions to match the assigned manufacturer’s part number
• provide component lead-times and search for in-stock alternates to suggest for approval
• provide cost and suggest cost saving alternates (Mfg or packaging options) for approval
• BOM scrubbing – filling passive call-outs with Mfg and part number for procurement
• Contact Manufacturer’s for Sample options for initial small prototype builds
Does this link exist in your PCB project team? Contact CIC, Inc. Project Coordinating staff to find out how to make this addition to your team! Call 530-626-6168 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk to YOUR new team member.