For the electronic focused OEM Engineer and Project Manager, outsourcing the purchasing of materials for a PCBA can add value by saving time and energy of staff members more valuable in other roles. In addition, saving the hard costs of issuing multiple purchase orders, in-bound shipping costs and material prep for assembly.
A good outsourcing procurement option should provide all of the following:
- Quoting to source every BOM requirement
- Suggest alternates for obsolete or long lead-time (whenever possible)
- Focus on the project timeframe to meet build due date
- Offer best board fab and assembly sources to balance expertise and cost
- Source from Manufacturers direct or from Authorized Distribution only
- Inspect and verify incoming materials to manufacturer’s datasheet
- Provide all evidence of traceability to manufacturers on materials
- Manage all excess materials to utilize and reduce cost on future PC builds
- Offer 1 purchase order solution
For Assembly facilities, outsourcing the Kit materials for a PCBA adds value by receiving:
- Clean Kits (materials confirmed)
- Easy to audit Kit and line ready
- Attrition / media based on assembly floor requirements
- 1 purchase order for all material requirements
Every company is looking for ways to “tighten up”. Outsourcing the procurement and kitting process is a value-added opportunity not to be overlooked.
Focus on your core strengths while improving quality of materials sourced. Discuss the options by contacting a project coordinator at California Integration Coordinators, Inc.
Procuring and Kitting electronic PCB materials for 25 years. www.cic-inc.comor call (530) 626-6168