Design and layout are generally the most labor intensive elements of any new PC Board. Once complete and moving into the realization stage, material component costs are typically 80% of the overall assembly costs.
· put safe guard measures in to all aspects of design and layout
· pay special attention to materials for realization
Utilize the software checks for design and layout. Follow design guidelines and have the files double checked prior to board fabrication.
Use a professional material procurement source for the kitting of the components prior to the assembly process. A professional procurement source will:
· double check the BOM for part descriptions to match the assigned manufacturer’s part number
· provide lead-times and search for in-stock alternates to suggest for engineering approval
· provide alert for any components Mfg has designated for “End of Life”
· provide cost and can suggest cost saving alternates for engineering approval
· Scrub BOM – filling passive call-outs with Mfg and Mfg P/N for procurement
2nd and 3rd spins can eat a project budget quickly. Spend time and money wisely with professional services to reap the benefits of a project well done.
California Integration Coordinators, Inc. has been providing professional procurement sourcing and kitting for 27 years with a full staff of experienced project coordinators. Contact me with any questions or to discuss your upcoming project – Cherie Myers
More information at www.cic-inc.com